Shaping, cutting and polishing
- MACHINE PRESSING (M.P.): all facets are machine pressed and polished by fire or by means of a chemical treatment
- FULL MACHINE PRESSING (M.C.): all facets and tables are machine cut and polished
- TWO CUT: applied to machine pressed stones; both tables are machine cut and polished, the facets are polished by fire or by means of a chemical treatment
- ONE CUT: applied to machine pressed stones; the bottom table is machine cut and polished, the remaining table and facets are polished by fire or by means of chemical treatment
- FROSTING: frosting means the finishing of the surface of the products by means fo a chemical treatment to obtain a matt effect
Foiling means the application of a mirror layer to the bottom of the stone to obtain maximun brilliance.
- GOLD FOILING: a silver mirror is coated with a protective layer of lacquer with a bronze pigment
- SILVER FOILING: a silver mirror is coated with a protective layer of lacquer with a aluminium pigment
- UNFOILED: unfoiled stones are usually set in open-back settings
to see it on examples.
- HOTFIX: means the application of a special adhesive to the aluminium layer of flat-back stones, enabling fixing to fabrics by heat and pressure